I have another idea for us simmers who don’t use the Get to School Mod. Id love to see my sims with the Better Schools Mod get the chance to have field trips. Maybe three different types of field trips for each age group (including preschoolers).
Teen sims would have:
1. Field trip to Shakespeare Theater, some sims that aren’t maybe artistic or bookworms (or sims with no aspiration to be actors) will get a buff that they found it boring! While other sims will find the experience enriching (bookworms and creatives) and come home with an inspired buff. Sims that are goofballs or rebellious (popular sims) can just get a buff that they’re stoaked they missed school for a field trip!
2. Museum of Indigenous People (similar buffs could apply but with different text of course)
3. Then maybe a field trip to clean up the local beach with a chance whim that says the teacher and chaperones decide that the students did Such a wonderful job cleaning up the beach and give them free time to play in the ocean.
1. Air and Space Museum
2. Field Trip to the local Farm and Petting Zoo (if its in the fall, the sim could come home with a pumpkin! During other seasons it can come home with other seasonal fruits and veggies)
3. Field trip to Colonial Simsburg where child sims can learn about early colonist
2. Library for Storytime or Puppet Show
3. Pumpkin Patch trip (only in the fall season)
Parents could get an option to take PTO with Sim children and preschoolers and be chaperones. Kids and toddlers will have an excited buff for having a parent on the trip, while clingy tots will have a relaxed buff for having an accompanying parent.
Family oriented parents will get a happy buff for the opportunity to experience an enriching learning experience with their little ones and/or kid.
Also for misbehaving sims, or sims with poor academic standing like D can be refused to be allowed to go on the field trip and they get a special moodlet for that.